Artvoice: Buffalo's #1 Newsweekly
Home Blogs Web Features Calendar Listings Artvoice TV Real Estate Classifieds Contact

Natural Gas in the News

Natural gas, currently being touted as a cleaner alternative to coal and oil, is also turning some people’s kitchen faucets into flamethrowers.

Here’s an AP story that came out Saturday about an upstate New York man who is living with the new feature in his home. He suspects the gas is the result of natural gas drilling near his home. Unsurprisingly, Fortuna Gas denies any connection to the phenomenon.

Strange that the same thing happened to a Colorado man’s home last spring, and drilling was the culprit. It happened in other people’s homes, too. Here’s a link to a newscast showing more flames in Colorado.

Here’s a story filed last month about a similar situation in Pennsylvania, and here’s another link to check out.

In fact, there are several of these stories out there…

Imagine having this feature in all of the cabins in Allegany State Park.